Saturday 6 November 2010

about emotions

Yesterday, I went to an ice hockey game with my second oldest. Which is totally exceptional. But my son spend a week taking lessons in ice skating in the mornings, and got a free ticket for the Friday night game. I thought it was too late, but he was arguing and convinced me nonetheless. So we went.
My son skates well, after 5 days of training. Better than I ever did, so I was a bit proud and happy, and we spend a nice time while waiting for the match.

Then it started.

It took about 1 minute before I was totally absorbed in the game. I'm not an ice hockey fan, I even don't know all the rules, but it bit me. the disappointment of a missed chance, the relief when they score, ... I was hooked. Didn't want to leave before time. Wanted to support the team.

Later, at home, I wondered what got me. I'm not a sports fanatic, I would rather do sports like running or swimming myself than go watch a game. And now I understand: It's all about emotions.

It makes you feel alive, keeps us going. It bonds people, drives us to our goals. It makes us human enough to be totally unpredictable. That's what makes it so fascinating. Game of emotions.

We had a hell of a time there, me and my son.

28 comments:

  1. Emotions definitely run high at Hockey games! We built a rink in my town a little while ago and I've enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hockey is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats cool you had a good time with him and your proud of him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah. I love watching basketball and volleyball. The only problem is I want to play basketball when watching it. Volleyball is much better to watch because of this; I have never really played volleyball.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kewl story, bra! waiting for updates from you

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahahah hockey is an awesome sport! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a good read!
    awesome blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. After a week visit to Canada last week, I have heard enough about hockey to last a lifetime.
    I just stumbled upon your blog, gonna follow for sure

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hockey is a great sport, i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great games last night, too

    ReplyDelete
  11. interesting..I want a new post..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love hockey, most people dont watch it and have no idea what I'm saying when I tell them what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah i used to be into hockey but the interest just left me through the years

    ReplyDelete
  14. ice hockey is pretty entertaining IMO

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete